Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Connect-a-deck


The board 'series' is an underlying principle in the product line-up for all board brands. Different sizes of the same shape share either the same graphic or the same graphic style. However, some lines are made up of one large piece of artwork spread across several boards. It's pretty sweet. The Anthem wakeskate series from Liquid Force (above), the Hyperlite Motive series (below) and the classic Liquid Force Trip series (bottom).

Anyone know of any others in different boardsports, drop a comment and get in touch. Thanks to Jeremy for these. Images courtesy of Wakeworld.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Mike "Blaze" Anderson mentioned this site to me and I had to check it out. My name is Tony Teske and I was the Art Director at Hyperlite from Aug. 1993 to May of 2007. Both Mike and Son Duong (who is also featured on the site) worked for me for many years. I now have my own graphic design company - KAST Design Co. (http://www.kastdesignco.com) and contract for both Hyperlite and Ronix. Nice to meet you.

    Just to give you some insight to the Hyperlite Motives posted above: This series was painted by an artist by the name of Joe Baker (http://www.joebaker.net/). I commissioned Joe in 2000 after I had seen his work through a friend. Joe had done some stuff for Lib Tech and Burton and was living in Seattle. I was amazed by his talent. He actually made 2 paintings and the other one was used for the 140 and 144 sizes of the. I spent many hours trying to get a layout that would work for both sizes and ended up with this. My hope going into this was that the boards would displayed on the shop floor in this way but that does not always happen. I'll dig around in the archives to find some more examples of this type of layout

    ReplyDelete